Please follow the requirements below to try out for any of our 7th-12th grade Volleyball Teams! If you fail to have all requirements met by tryout times on August 1st, we will not allow your daughter to try out until it is all completed. We will not be offering additional tryout days if you fail to complete the requirements before the start of tryouts. If you have questions please email Coach Bakaitis at LisaBakaitis@nrcs.net.
All those trying out for a team must attend all tryout days, no exceptions. All requirements must be met to try out. Please be at the gym at least 15 minutes early.
Tryout times are as follows:
High School Teams (@ NRAC):
- Thursday, August 1: Freshmen 4-6pm, JV & Varsity 6:15-8:15pm (all players grades 9-12 should bring running shoes for physical testing, and volleyball gear for court time)
- Friday, August 2: Freshmen 4-6pm, JV & Varsity 6:15-8:15pm
- Saturday, August 3: All players 9-11am
Middle School Teams 7th & 8th (@ NRHS):
- Thursday, August 1: 3-5pm
- Friday, August 2: 3-5pm
Valid Physical- All players trying out must have a valid physical at the time of tryouts. Physicals are good for exactly one year from the issue date, and a new physical must be completed on or before that expiration day. If you cannot get into your family doctor for a physical, Urgent Care centers will be able to complete one.
Physicals must be turned in to the Athletic Trainer or Coach ASAP.
Physical form can be found here: https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports-Medicine/PPE_2019-20.pdf
Completed Final Forms
- Final Forms will not be live until after tryouts, so you will not have the opportunity to fill them out yet. A valid physical is still required to try out!
Note About Apparel:
- Our program orders matching apparel for our high school and middle school players that conform to our program colors at a discounted cost through our apparel company. Some of the cost of apparel is covered by the Volleyball program, the rest is covered by the players’ families. The following apparel will be ordered for your daughter if she makes the team, so please be aware that they will be receiving these items to keep and the cost will be covered by you:
- High School (9th-12th Grade): 1 pair of Nike court shoes, 2 pairs of game socks, 1 pair of knee pads, 2 pairs of game spandex
- Middle School (7th-8th Grade): 1 warm-up shirt, game spandex (# your preference)